S&P500 -1.10%(2,238.83); NASDAQ -1.46% (5,383.117); DJIA -0.86% (19,762.6)
This week’s reports:
- December’s Consumer Confidence rose to 113.7 from November’s +109.4.
- October’s S&P/Case-Shiller Home Price Indices rose 5.1% y/y versus September’s +5.0% y/y.
- November’s Wholesale Inventories (prelim.) rose by 1% from October’s -0.1%.
- Initial Jobless Claims for the week ending December 23h fell by 10K to 265K. Continuing Jobless Claims for the week ending December 16th rose by 63K to 2,102K.
- US stocks slid on the last trading day of 2016 as losses in tech shares and discretionary companies weighed on the market. For the year, the S&P 500 climbed 9.5 percent, while the Dow Jones Industrial Average surged 13.4 percent for its best rally since 2013.
- US stocks completed the fourth annual gain since 2011 on the longest losing streak since the election.