S&P500 +0.21%(2,438.30); NASDAQ +1.84% (6,265.25); DJIA +0.05% (21,394.76)
This week’s reports:
- June’s Markit Manufacturing PMI (prelim.) fell to 52.1 from May’s 52.7. Services PMI (prelim.) fell to 53.0 from May’s 53.6. Composite PMI (prelim.) fell to 53.0 from May’s 53.9.
- May’s New Home Sales rose 2.9% from April’s -7.9%. Existing Home Sales rose 1.1% from April’s -2.5%.
- April’s FHFA Housing Price Index rose 0.7%, the same increase as in March.
- Initial Jobless Claims for the week ending June 16th rose by 3K to 241K. Continuing Jobless Claims for the week ending June 9th rose by 8K to 1,944K.
- US stocks finished the week almost unchanged as rallies in health-care and tech shares offset a rout in energy producers that fell on oil’s slide into a bear market.