S&P500 +0.96% (3,007.39); NASDAQ +0.91% (8,176.71); DJIA +1.58% (27,219.52)
- September’s Michigan Consumer Sentiment Index (prelim.) rose to 92.0 from August’s 89.8.
- August’s CPI rose 1.7% y/y versus July’s 1.8% y/y. CPI ex Food & Energy rose 2.4% y/y versus July’s 2.2% y/y.
- August’s Retail Sales rose 0.4% from July’s +0.8%. Retail Sales ex Autos were flat from July’s +1.0%.
- July’s Consumer Credit rose $23.29 bn, its biggest gain since November 2017, from June’s +$13.78 bn. The large July gain was led by a surge in revolving debt, such as credit cards, while non-revolving debt also posted a sizable gain.
- July’s Business Inventories rose 0.4% from June’s zero change. Wholesale Inventories rose 0.2%, the same as in June.
- Initial Jobless Claims for the week ending September 4th fell by 15K to 204K. Continuing Jobless Claims for the week ending August 30th fell by 4K to 1,670K.